You guys, you know it’s been too long but being a mom with a somewhat unreliable person to watch her son and the ever-loving need to sleep for 8 hours, and the fact I picked up a new hobby has thrown my blog writing schedule in a tizzy.
For that, I do apologize to all 2 of you who read this blog, and to myself for once again, not being able to finish something I started. I have plenty of excuses as to why I stopped regularly updating this blog. I’m a professional excuse-giver. Let me correct myself, a professional leisure excuse-giver. If someone were to pay me for my time, I have little excuses to give because money makes the world go round and helps pay for preschool.
So here is a list of excuses I have for being MIA for about the majority of 2018:
- Facebook’s algorithm change. Yup, this makes no sense but some logic in my head thought, “Well, how am I suppose to reach an audience now?”
- Writer’s block. I still have no clue what I want this blog to be. I just really love the title which is 80% why I still try to keep this gravy train going.
- Freelance work has gotten a little crazy, therefore I have more stuff to do in precisely the same amount of time I’m suppose to do it in
- Mercury in retrograde.
- This bizarro blizzard weather we’re having. It’s been 40 degrees in Atlanta since March. My body and mind has refused to do anything productive in protest, and I’ve had my Spring clothes sprawled out in our master bedroom for 2 months now waiting to be rotated into my closet.
- The Cambridge Analytica scandal happened and now NO ONE trusts Facebook and Facebook advertising has all gone to moot. (I’ve sporadically spent about $25 on Facebook advertising.)
- I have no idea what I’m doing with my life right now and I’ve joined about 3 – 5 female empowerment newsletters/groups/clubs/memberships in the past few months.
- My mother-in-law is jumping ship and is moving back to Ohio after we paid for her to move here to help with Miles. Consequently, I’ve been running around trying to figure out my life and finding a preschool/trying to figure out how to pay for a preschool. Also we’re paying for her to move back. Am I bitter? Yes.
- The long-awaited cruise that had to be rescheduled last year is happening this month and I need to spend every morning getting Miles psyched about “Mickey Mouse’s ship and Mickey Mouse waffles.
- I’ve been too busy trying to figure out how to make my Passion Planner work for me aka making a lot of mind graphs.
- I also started playing the banjo!